Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Advent Day 4: Pray for Rain

Living in the desert, you give up on the hope that the few clouds that do roll this way would bring rain with them. Rain sometimes, however, comes in the winter months here along with the cooler temperatures. What I mean by "cooler temperatures" is that most days it stays between 80 & 90 instead of 90 & 100. We had about two weeks of these temps but now its back to being hot...all the time. I was assured by my friends here that it usually stays cooler for longer but since I arrived in may and experienced the strangling heat of the summer right off the bat, imagining mild weather here is a stretch for me. The jokes on me though since last night we had rain. I'm bummed that I was asleep and missed it, but I saw the after math today and felt the humidity that the rain left behind.

One of the things that will continue to be strange to me as I gear up to spend Christmas in a place that is so very different from my home is that there will be no snow. However, with the break in the weather I continued to think throughout the day that it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. As a result I've included the link to Michael Bubble's version of this song (my favorite version of this song is done by Shane and Shane but I could not find it on youtube). Still haven't found a way to embed the videos on this page though so you'll have to follow the link to youtube and enjoy the song on there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhH5jPq5mVQ

No comments: