Saturday, December 6, 2014

Advent Day 6: Chasing Santa

It seems like there is a 5K race every weekend here in Colorado Springs. Today though was the last race for 2014: Chasing Santa 5K. Instead of your typical race T shirt, participants receive full Santa suits complete with white beard. Stephen, Michelle and I immediately signed up once we found the race online. This morning we set out for the race in the balmy 35 degree weather to meet up with some friends and join the fray of red suited runners. Being that this was my first race ever I just wanted to finish somewhere other than dead last. 39.40 minutes was my final time. Afterwards we celebrated with 5 Guys Burgers and naps. Now I'm just waiting for the weather to warm back up before I commit anymore time to race training.





Pre race selfie 


Post race selfie

No comments: