Monday, December 1, 2014

Advent 2014 Day 1: New Domestic Adventures

Well hello there. I thought I'd surprise everyone and actually post something...you know, just to keep you guessing.

It's been six months since my return to the states. Oddly enough that was enough time for me to find myself traveling again. After spending some great time with my family over the summer, I followed my brother Stephen and his little family to Colorado. The good Lord moved me from the brown and red sandy mountains of the Middle East

and placed me in the center of the evergreen Rockies. 


So here we go: New posts coming to you every day leading up to and including Christmas.

Today's food for thought: How much thought do we lend to the extraordinary nature of the incarnation? Emmanuel, God came down and took on the trappings of his creation. If this, the beginning of the story, does not fill us with a deep sense of awe or strike a cord of unstoppable worship within us than I dare say we're doing it wrong. Therefore, let us begin this advent season by treating this miracle like it is actually a miracle. Push past the quaint and consider something that is actually worth celebrating.


"...Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Philippians 2:5b-11

No comments: